Social Media Tips
Are you stuck on what to post on social media this May?
Well, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve got a variety of fun and interesting post ideas that will get your followers engaged and interacting with your content.
This May, show your followers some love and appreciation by sharing fun and interesting content on social media!
Keep reading because you’ll discover what to post on social media during May.
When creating your May social media calendar, it’s essential to create content that will serve your audience and generate engagement.
Engagement includes comments, likes, shares, and views of your content, and it’s the key to your success on your social media platforms of choice.
So how do you get more engagement on your May social media posts?
The short answer is…
- Share an image or video with every post
- Ask questions
- Use hashtags
- Share inspiring content
- Celebrate holidays
What to Post on Social Media in May:
1. Holidays to Celebrate on Social Media in May:
May is full of holidays, which makes it a fantastic time to run a sale for your business. Depending on the nature of your business and what fits your brand’s core values, you could run a sale.
for example: Restaurants could offer 10% off in celebration of "National Wine Day, National Barbecue Day, National Orange Juice Day, National Hoagie Day, National Shrimp Day ... etc
2. Questions to Ask on Social Media in May
- Fun questions are a great way to create positive conversations and get more engagement on your posts.
- Remember, engagement lets the algorithm know that your content is valuable and increases its visibility.
- Once you’ve added questions to your content calendar, add 1- 2 positive quotes to share each week.
3. Quotes to Share on Social Media in May
Positive and uplifting quotes make great social media content because they help counteract all the toxicity on social media and generate lots of likes.
4. Finalize Your May Content Calendar
- Once you’ve added holidays, questions, and quotes to your content calendar, you’re ready to fill in the remaining days.
- First, add one self-promotional post each week.
- Remember, your content should focus on serving your audience, but that doesn’t mean you can’t ever promote your business.
- The goal with social media is to grow your business, so make sure you’re promoting your products and services about once a week.
5. Hashtags to Use on Social Media in May
Hashtags are a fantastic way to increase the visibility and reach of your social media posts. You can use up to 30 hashtags in your Instagram posts.
>>To help you out, I’ve compiled a list of 20 of the best hashtags to use on Social Media in May:
So, if you’re looking for some social media content ideas for May – or need help creating content for your social media accounts – we’ve got you covered.
From seasonal hashtags to engaging questions, we’ve got everything you need to keep your followers engaged and interacting with your content all month long while increasing your social media presence.
If you found this post helpful, share it with others!
Achieve Your Goals with PMG!!
Social Media Management
Ready to take your [product/service] to the next level?
Don't wait any longer - contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn how we can help you achieve your goals!